The Gawler Show Society participates in the Agricultural Societies Council of SA Rural and Young Rural Ambassador Program which is open to the local youth of Gawler and surrounding areas.
Young Rural Ambassador – aged 16 years and under 20 years as of 1st May 2024.
Rural Ambassador – aged between 20 years & under 30 years as of 1st May 2024.
- To highlight the importance of youth in rural South Australia and in particular the agricultural show movement.
- To identify and encourage enthusiastic, skilful, industrious, and unselfish young people.
- To give young people a forum to express their views through education & experience and develop closer links with the primary industries in South Australia.
Entrants participate in a program that is designed to help them grow, network, develop their skills and hone their ambitions, giving them the confidence to return to their communities and industries and assume leadership positions.
One attribute the finalists have in common is an enduring commitment to and involvement in their communities. Most have grown up with ag shows in their blood and are significant contributors to their local shows. The award is open to both males and females either single or married.
- Wider community involvement
- Meeting local community leaders
- Public speaking
- Learning interview techniques
- Personal and professional development opportunities
As an ambassador you will be involved with the following:
- Attend the judging interview
- Assist with promotion of the Gawler Show and attend both days of the Gawler Show – Saturday and Sunday
- Assist the Youth Team
- Invitations to other shows through-out the year.
- Transition to the Youth Team or General GAH&F Society Committee.
The Gawler Rural Ambassador and the Gawler Young Rural Ambassador will be eligible to represent the Gawler Show in the Northern Agricultural Societies Association (NASA) finals. The winner of the NASA finals will then go on to represent the region at the State Finals held in July the following year.